Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bees..bees..and more bees






Bees....bees.....bees...and more bees!

Never a dull moment at my house.

I had today off from work (last day of school) and on my way to get the mail I heard some funny noise. I turned around to see a HUGE swarm of bees in my front yard. Ok...At this point, I should share with you that I'm not a huge bee or bug fan. They scare the Shiz-Whiz right out of me. So with that said - I ran to the house and from the safety of my livingroom window, I watched all these bees flying around. Thousands of them - it was actually an awesome site to see.

My parents came over to see Tanner & Makayla's report cards and my Dad checked out the bees and said they were honey bees. I spoke with Roma (A co-worker who is a beekeeper) and she suggested finding a beekeeper locally to see if they wanted my bees. While, it just so happens that my Dad has a friend who is a beekeeper so he called him to see if he wanted my bees. Sure enough he did!

Randy lives in Naples so it took him alittle while to get to me but when he did - the bee education we learned was amazing! Tanner & Makayla were very brave and stood near the bees to watch Randy work. My Mom & I both got brave and even moved alittle closer once we found out that the bees were more interested in finding a new hive then stinging us. Hooray for that!

To make a very long story shorter......The bees have a new hive - Randy's pretty white wooden box! They moved soooooooooo quickly once the queen moved in. They started working immediately on filling up the hive with goodies. Randy will be back in a few days (at night) to take the hive back with him to Naples.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am not a fan of bees myself... I am hoping you treated yourself to a glass of wine or beer after that ordeal. I know I would of needed one.