Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My brother cutting a tree!

I came home from work yesterday to find my brother and father cutting down a tree at my house. I have many black walnut trees and I can't stand the mess so a few years ago, I told my brother he could cut the trees down and take the wood. (he burns a wood burning stove all winter).
When I got home, the tree had been cut but was hung up on another tree and was stuck on the stump that was cut. Winching it off the stump didn't work so I called my neighbor with a tractor to come over and pull it off.
Once the tree was off the stump it was still hung up on another tree.
To make a long complicated story alittle shorter........
The tree started to fall which in turn caused a higher branch to break off. This branch fell and hit my brother Dan as he was trying to run away from it. The branch hit him in the head, back, and hip. 911 was called and the ambulance came. (lots of excitement at my house Monday night!)
They took him to Rochester General Hospital.
He has multiple factors of his shoulder blade.
He's still a patient at RGH but I did talk to him and he's hoping to come home today!
Please keep my brother Dan, and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: