Friday, October 3, 2008

Becky & Eric's wedding

Last Saturday, Bob & I went to his cousin Becky's wedding.
The wedding itself was very beautiful. Bob's Aunt Marilyn played the piano and sang (she has a beautiful voice!) The bride wore a strapless gown while the bridesmaids wore deep wine color dresses. It was a Catholic ceremony however, it went pretty fast. The wedding was held in Phelps, NY.
The reception was held at the Mendon Country Club. Everyone had assigned seating. Bob & I sat at the 'Plum wine' table. Everything about the wedding was a 'wine' theme. Each table had a wine bottle with lights inside of it - this was the center piece. The wedding cake was decorated with grapes.
Dinner was a buffet, which can be fun trying to figure things out. One of the things on the buffet was potato chips (yes you did just read that right! - LOL). It also had chicken, Veggie lasagna, Roast beef, rolls, salad and so on. Oh yes.... it also had smashed potatoes. The smashed potatoes were to die for!!! I've never tasted such yummmmmmy smashed potatoes.
After dinner, I did (everyone cheer!) get Bob to dance with me. We danced slow and fast dances! I know dancing is NOT Bob's thing but.......he did an excellent job! I was sooooooooo thankful that he would dance with me. To even have the courage to dance with me is just one of the reason I love him so.
The wedding was suppose to be 'Adult only'. So, Bob didn't bring his kids (I wasn't going to either way). However........there were ALOT of children there. They were 'playing' in the lobby. The lobby was a disaster. Bob & I keep referring to them as the 'unaccompanied minors'. They were totally out of control. All the furniture had been moved. Toilet paper was used to tie children and furniture together. WOW! that's the last I'm going to say about that! LOL
It was great/meet some of Bob's family.
We were all VERY sad that Tracy & John (Bob's sister and brother-in-law) couldn't make it. They had sick children and they couldn't get away. :-(
I look forward to more family adventures with Bob - as well as my own! :-)

No comments: