Monday, October 13, 2008

Sleep over adventure

Another fun filled adventure at Heidi's house this weekend!
Friday night, Makayla had 4 of her girlfriends over to spend the night.
5 girls under that age of 10! What was I thinking??????
Loud, yelling, screaming, laughing, goofy........... These are just some of the words I can now use to describe them to everyone! They all seemed to have a good time. They had pizza, cake, and watched 2 movies~ Spiderwick and Elf. They were all sleeping by 11pm. Not bad is what I have to say about that! :-) Young girls can really be funny to watch interact with either other.

Because Tanner was feeling left out - I allowed him to have a friend over to spend the night on Friday as well. His friend RJ came over with his bike. The plan was to ride their bikes until dark (7 pmish) and then watch a movie in his bedroom (away from the girls!). Well.....things did not go as planned! About 6:30 is when the fun began.

Tanner was jumping his BMX bike and landed hard. His chin hit the handlebar and was cut wide open. Tanner came in the house (not crying) and said - Mom I need to see you.. NOW! I was calm and said ok - and noticed the blood running down his chin. Hmmmmmm - that would be stitch worthy. Tanner keep saying.... 'Are you sure?" A mom always knows. I've seen this type of thing before with him so YES.....it was in need of stitches.

Grandma to the rescue. I called my Mom and told her what had happened. I asked for her help and then gave her the choice of staying home with the girls or taking Tanner to the ER. Smart woman - she choose to take Tanner to the ER. It was the easier of the two choices for sure.
RJ went along for the ride but is NOT going to be in the medical field when he grows up. NO chance! LOL RJ doesn't like blood nor does he even like the thought of anything along those lines.

The girls were only semi concerned about Tanner - They were more concerned about who was sleeping where on the floor, who made it into Student Council and who liked or didn't like band. LOL. They did all talk about how many stitches Tanner would get. My guess. along with 1 other girls, was 2 -3. Everyone else guessed 3 - 4.
Tanner & RJ got back home around 9:45pm. Tanner had 4 stitches to show the girls! LOL
I felt bad - My Mom was heading out the door to go and watch Derek's soccer game when I called her to the rescue. She never did make it to the game.

Saturday morning the girls went home, Makayla went to soccer practice and Tanner, RJ and I went for a quick bike ride. By Noonish - it was just Tanner, Makayla and I. RJ was picked up by his parents and life returned to normal. Well...... as normal as it can be at my house! :-)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Never a dull moment. Glad to hear the party was a success in spite of a trip to the ER. Grandparents in an ear shot is nice in times like that.