Thursday, October 16, 2008

Family dog

I have some sad news to report tonight.....
My brother Dan's family have now lost 2 family dogs in 3 weeks time.
There lab/husky mix named Tucker was hit by a car the last week in September. This was my nephew Derek's dog. He was beside himself. He loved that dog. Tucker sleep with him every night. Tucker had gotten out and ran all night long - someone found him dead and brought him back to the house in the morning.
Tonight their yellow lab named Bailey was hit by a car. This was my niece Kasey's dog. Kasey is a 14 yr. old girl and she watched her dog, who was less than a year old, die tonight. The driver never stopped. Bailey was beautiful dog.
Both times my brother was at work and someone had to call him to let him know. My sister in-law has had to take care of it both times!

My heart goes out to my brother's family. It's very hard to loss a family dog - but it's even harder to loss 2 in less than a month.

Please say an extra prayer for Kasey, Derek, Dan and Lisa tonight. Thanks

1 comment:

ZomMommy said...

OMG, I'm so sorry they had to go through that. I just saw someone kill a kitty who lives on my street, they ran him over and never stopped. I bawled my eyes out and it wasn't even my cat. I can't imagine what those kids felt like. My heart goes out to them...maybe eventually they will head over to Lollypop and find themselves a couple new best friends. :-)