Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cranberry Lake







Bob & I decided to take a camping trip to Cranberry Lake in the Adirondack region. I had never been to the Adirondack area of New York. Bob had been but had never been camping at Cranberry Lake. We left Friday, July 3rd around 8:30am - right as it was starting to rain (again). It rained most of the way up North. We set up in the rain, we cooked in the rain, and we ate dinner in the rain. Saturday we got up, it was still raining, so we cooked breakfast in the rain and then decided to take road trip. We went to Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake and then Lake Placid. It was awesome to see where the Olympics were held. After our road trip, we returned back to camp - took a quick bike ride in the rain and then cooked dinner in the rain. :-)
My parents gave me a screen house for my birthday and this was the first time we used it. We were sooooooo thankful to use it. It really was a great gift to have this rainy weekend.





Can you see a pattern?? Rain, rain, rain............





It finally stopped raining around 8pm, just in time for a camp fire.





Our drive home on Sunday was a beautiful sunny ride home!





Overall, we had a great weekend and I would do it again in a heart beat! Thanks to Bob for this camping trip. This was part of my birthday present.





No comments: