Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trip to PA

Good morning!

I just thought I would give everyone a quick update.
My brother Dan & I took a trip to Pennsylvania this past weekend to visit my Grandmother who isn't in the best of health. My Mom and her brothers have decided to move my Grandma to an 'Assisted living' facility. She has spent the last 2 weeks in a hospital and now a rehab facility to help her regain her strength. She was been falling and we found out that it is due to a bad valve in her heart. It's been a looooooooooong two weeks to say the least.
It's hard when you live 200 miles away. A trip this weekend was necessary for my health! :-) I'm very close with my Grandma so I needed to see her for myself.
My Grandma doesn't want to give up her independence - which I do understand since she will be 91 years old on Sunday, July 13th. However.....it's time for her to get some much needed extra help. I witnessed that myself this past weekend when I watched her struggle to even stand up.
She's a strong willed woman and I respect her very much. So....this should be a challenge to get her the help she needs when she doesn't feel she needs it!
All in all.....
It was nice to spend some time with my brother - enjoy many laughs and to see exactly how my Grandma is doing.
I will be heading back down to PA this weekend with Bob, Tanner & Makayla.
On Saturday, we will be having a multi-person birthday party.
Bob will be 41 on Thursday,
I will be 38 on Saturday
and my Grandma and her twin - Aunt Meriam, will be 91 on Sunday.
One big cake for all 4 of us!!! I can't wait!
I'll update the blog on Sunday with pictures!

No comments: