Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend in PA - Saturday information - part 2

Continuing..........

After the Hero of the day fixed the pipe - He & Tanner went Mountain biking together in Danville. Tanner was soooooooooooo excited that Bob was willing to take him along. They both seemed to have a good time. Bob soon found out that Tanner is willing to ride/try anything! LOL.

While Bob & Tanner were out and about - Makayla, My Mom and I went to Loyalton (Assisted Living home) and set up my Grandma's room. We made her bed, put her clothes away, installed her phone and put up family pictures. Makayla loved helping! She also loved the fact that the 'Home' has a dog who lives there!!!



After everyone was back to my Grandma's house - we packed up our lunch goodies and headed off to the Bloomsburg town park for the birthday picnic. We had a good time - we laughed, ate yummy food and opened gifts. I decided that Bob,the kids and I would leave early in case my grandmother didn't want to go to her new living arrangements - Loyalton. I thought I would spare my kids of their Great Grandma yelling! (She didn't by the way.....she was too confused to know where she was or where she was going).


We had big big plans Saturday night so leaving early wasn't a problem.......



*The first picture is of my Grandma (white sweater - no glasses) and her twin (my Aunt Meriam). They turned 91 the day after this pictures.
The next picture is of Tanner and my Aunt Beryl (Grandma's sister who is 95 years old).
Next picture - Makayla playing in the nasty water looking for crayfish.
Next - Tanner watching Bob slice onions for lunch.





We spent our afternoon and evening at Knoebel's. Knoebel's is an amusement park about 20 minutes from my Grandma's house. Knoebel's is alittle different that most amusement parks because you don't pay for parking and you don't pay to get into the park. You only pay for rides! This makes it much easier on the adults who don't need to ride EVERY ride! We had a ball!!! We got home around 9:30pm. It was a looooooooooong day for sure. :-)

To be continued......

No comments: